The Restaurant

Tin Mill




of the building

Tin Mill Restaurant is the original site of a flour and grist mill that produced Merry Wives Pastry Flour, Five Crown, and White Rose Bread flours back in 1860. In 1900 a stone foundation was added and the mill was powered by a water wheel with the millrace flumes (chutes) running from Centennial Park Pond. Electricity was installed in the 1920s. Following a devastating fire in 1920 another mill was built on the original site and in 1921 the tin cladding was added to the exterior wood siding.  In 1946, new owners transformed the mill into a factory for making leather goods and it eventually became the town tannery. The building suffered another fire in the 1960s and when the owners retired it was the end of an era of tanneries in Ontario.

In 2006, Don Andrews and Conrad Lepine took on the arduous task of renovating and restoring the mill to its present condition. The partners worked diligently during the seven-month renovation, hammering away the past and restoring the hand-hewn beams. The recouped 1920s tin panels were revived and used to embellish the bar and fireplaces.

A large terrace was added in 2007 so that guests could have the option to dine al fresco during the summer months.  Nestled amongst the trees, the terrace is a wonderful place to unwind and relax during the hot summer nights.

Tin Mill


Tin Mill offers two dining rooms, each with working fireplaces. The east dining room can be closed off for private events for up to 44 guests.   A small bar offers a few seats for waiting guests and The Moccasin Lounge located in close proximity offers more seating.  The lounge is an ideal spot to catch up with friends or watch a game on one of two TVs.  

The lower level provides a special events dining room that has a capacity for up to 35 people.
This room is available for rent and offers privacy while exuding the same charm and ambiance as the rest of the building. A special events menu is available. 


Green &

Local Initiatives

Tin Mill endeavours to recycle where possible and to that end all food trimmings are saved and picked up daily by a local farmer who uses them as a food source for his organic farm. We save approximately 4.5 kilos of food trimmings each day, adding up to about 1350 kilos of recycled food trimmings annually.    This initiative has been in effect for three years.

We source items such as fresh fruit, vegetable, and berries from local farms and farmers markets when possible.  Our large commercial supplier provides a selection of locally sourced produce from areas such as Holland Landing or the Bradford Marsh.  A local butcher supplies our ribs and our on-site garden provides us with fresh herbs and vegetables.

We are committed to sourcing local, sustainable products and will not knowingly include endangered species on our dining or catering menus.  Organic foods are added to our product line-up where there is a demand.